Tata Motors is working on a new SUV. It is called the Curvv. It is a coupe SUV with a sloping roofline. TATA Curvv SUV will be launched in 2024. The Curvv was first revealed as a concept in 2022. It was also showcased in near-production form at the Auto Expo 2023. Since then, it has been spied testing several times on Indian roads.
The latest spy shots of the TATA Curvv SUV reveal some new details about its design and features. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Curvv has a sleek and sporty profile. It has a notchback stance with a slanting rear windshield.
- The Curvv has a new front fascia. It has a slim LED light bar and a split headlamp unit. It also has a large grille with the Tata logo.
- The Curvv has new alloy wheels. They are different from the ones seen at the Auto Expo. They have a dual-tone finish and a multi-spoke design.
- The Curvv has flush door handles. They are similar to the ones seen on premium cars like Range Rover and Tesla.
- The Curvv has a blacked-out styling element instead of a rear quarter glass. It gives the SUV a more coupe-like look.
- The Curvv has LED tail lamps and a rear spoiler. It also has a dual exhaust system and a rear diffuser.
TATA Curvv SUV Platform
The TATA Curvv SUV will be based on a new platform called the K1 platform. It will also power other future Tata cars. The Curvv will be offered with both electric and ICE (internal combustion engine) options.
The electric version of the Curvv will be built on Tata’s Gen 2 platform. It will have a claimed range of up to 500 km. It will also have fast charging and battery-swapping features.
The ICE version of the Curvv will be powered by Tata’s 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. It will produce 125 PS and 225 Nm of torque. It will also have a dual-clutch transmission (DCT) option.
The Curvv will also get a CNG fuel option in the future. This will make it more eco-friendly and cost-effective.
New TATA Curvv SUV Features
The Curvv will be loaded with features and technology. Some of the expected features are:
- A huge touchscreen entertainment system with connected car technology
- A fully digital instrument cluster
- A redesigned steering wheel with an illuminated Tata emblem
- An automatic climate control touch panel – A panoramic sunroof
- Six airbags, ABS, EBD, ESC, rear parking sensors, ISOFIX
- Some ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems) features, such as lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitor, and so on.
The Curvv will compete with compact SUVs like Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Maruti Grand Vitara, Toyota Hyryder, Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Kushaq and MG Astor.
The expected price of the Curvv is around Rs 10.5 lakh for the ICE version and Rs 20 lakh for the EV version (ex-showroom).
The Curvv is one of the most awaited SUVs of 2024. It will showcase Tata’s design and engineering prowess. It will also cater to the growing demand for coupe SUVs in India.
Tata Motors is developing a new coupe-SUV called the Curvv. It will be launched in 2024 with both electric and ICE options. The latest spy shots reveal some new design details like flush door handles, LED light bar, new alloy wheels and blacked-out styling element. The Curvv will have features like touchscreen infotainment, digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof and ADAS features. The expected price is around Rs 10.5 lakh for the ICE version and Rs 20 lakh for the EV version (ex-showroom).
Also Read This: Top Selling Car Brands in October 2023: Car Sales Report