Royal Enfield is launching its new adventure tourer bike, the Himalayan 450, on 7th November 2023. The bike is expected to be a game-changer in the segment, with its powerful liquid-cooled engine and versatile performance. Here are some of the most interesting facts about the new Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 that you should know.
Interesting Facts About New Royal Enfield Himalayan 450
- The New Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 is based on the Himalayan 411, which was introduced in 2016 as a purpose-built and capable motorcycle for exploring the Himalayan.
- The Himalayan 450 will be powered by a 450cc single-cylinder engine capable of producing 40 BHP and 45 Nm of torque. It will be mated to a 6-speed transmission.
- The Himalayan 450 will be Royal Enfield’s first model with a liquid-cooled engine. Liquid cooling will improve engine efficiency and reduce overheating problems.
- The Himalayan 450 will have a kerb weight of 196 kg and a fuel tank capacity of 17 litres. It will have a seat height of 800 mm and a ground clearance of 220 mm.
- The Himalayan 450 will have wire-spoked wheels with dual-purpose tyres for better grip on all roads and no roads. It will also have disc brakes in the front and rear, with dual-channel ABS as standard. The ABS can be switched off at the rear wheel for more control on off-road surfaces.
- The Himalayan 450 will have a Tripper™ navigation system powered by Google Maps and the Royal Enfield app, which will keep the smartphone connected to the bike through Bluetooth. The system will guide the rider through the road, notifying them before every turn.
- The Himalayan 450 will have a new improved seat for more comfort over longer distances. It will also have mounting points for panniers, jerry cans, and other accessories.
- The Himalayan 450 will be available in six colours: Dune Brown, Pine Green, Granite Black, Glacier Blue, Sleet Black, and Gravel Grey. The bike will have a starting price of Rs. 2.80 Lakh in India.
- The Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 has been tested in various terrains and conditions, including the sea, the plains, and the mountains. It has also been inspired by the decades of expeditions and thousands of kilometres of traversing the most challenging terrain by Royal Enfield riders.
- The Himalayan 450 is expected to be a head-turner and one of the best in the segment given its price tag. It will offer a versatile and adventure-ready performance for riders who want to explore the unknown.
Royal Enfield is launching its new bike, the Himalayan 450, on 7th November 2023. It is an adventure tourer bike with a liquid-cooled 450cc engine. It has a Tripper™ navigation system and switchable ABS. It has a new seat and mounting points for accessories. It comes in six colours and costs Rs. 2.80 Lakh. It has been tested in various terrains and inspired by the Himalayas. It is expected to be a game-changer in the segment.