Maruti Suzuki, India’s largest automaker, has introduced the Fronx, its latest offering in the sub-4-meter SUV sector. The Fronx is based on the Baleno hatchback and offers a slew of features and choices to entice buyers searching for a sleek and capacious crossover. The Fronx’s safety features and crash test ratings, which are stated to be in accordance with international standards, set it apart from the crowd. In this post, we will look at 2023 Maruti Suzuki Fronx safety features and compare it to its competitors in terms of pricing and performance.
2023 Maruti Suzuki Fronx Safety Features
The Fronx is equipped with several safety features that are designed to protect the occupants and pedestrians in case of a collision. Some of the key safety features of the Fronx are:
- Suzuki’s Total Effective Control Technology (TECT): This is a platform that uses high-strength steel across major parts of the body to ensure optimal absorption and dispersion of crash energy. The TECT platform also reduces the weight of the car, which improves fuel efficiency and performance.
- Six Airbags: The Fronx comes with dual front, side, and curtain airbags that provide protection to the driver and passengers from all angles. The airbags are deployed according to the severity and direction of the impact.
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchorages: The Fronx has standardized ISOFIX child seat anchorages that allow easy and secure installation of child seats in the rear. This ensures the safety of children during a crash.
- Pedestrian Protection Compliance: The Fronx has a front bumper and hood that are designed to minimize injuries to pedestrians in case of a frontal collision. The bumper and hood have energy-absorbing structures that reduce the impact force on the pedestrian’s head and legs.
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP): The Fronx has an ESP system that monitors the vehicle’s stability and applies brakes or reduces engine power to prevent skidding or loss of control. The ESP system also works with the hill hold assist feature that prevents the car from rolling back on slopes.
- Head-Up Display (HUD): The Fronx has a HUD system that projects important information such as speed, navigation, fuel economy, etc. on the windshield so that the driver can focus on the road without looking away from it.
- 360-Degree Surround View Camera: The Fronx has a 360-degree surround-view camera that provides a bird’s eye view of the car and its surroundings on the touchscreen infotainment system. This helps the driver to park or manoeuvre the car in tight spaces or tricky situations.
Maruti Suzuki Fronx Safety Crash Test Ratings
The Fronx has not been tested by Global NCAP yet, but Maruti Suzuki claims that it has successfully passed the crash tests for full frontal impact, frontal offset impact, and side impact as per international safety norms. The company also predicted that the Fronx has received an unprecedented 5-star safety rating at the latest Global NCAP crash test, making it the safest car globally. However, this claim has not been verified by Global NCAP or any other independent agency.
New Fronx Ex-showroom Price and On-Road Price of Maruti Suzuki Fronx in Delhi
The Fronx is available in 14 variants, with engine options ranging from 998 cc to 1197 cc and a choice of two transmissions: manual and automatic. The ex-showroom price of the Fronx in Delhi starts from Rs. 7.46 lakh for the base model Sigma 1.2L MT and goes up to Rs. 13.13 lakh for the top model Alpha 1.0L Turbo 6 AT Dual Tone.
The on-road price of the Fronx in Delhi includes RTO charges, insurance costs, and other charges. The on-road price of the Fronx in Delhi ranges from Rs. 8.39 lakh for the base model Sigma 1.2L MT to Rs. 15.07 lakh for the top model Alpha 1.0L Turbo 6 AT Dual Tone. Here is a table that shows the ex-showroom price and on-road price of different variants of Maruti Suzuki Fronx in Delhi:
|Variant||Engine||Transmission||Exshowroom Price||On Road Price|
|Sigma 1.2L MT||1197 cc||Manual||Rs. 7.46 lakh||Rs. 8.39 lakh|
|Delta 1.2L MT||1197 cc||Manual||Rs. 8.32 lakh||Rs. 9.33 lakh|
|Sigma 1.2 CNG||1197 cc||Manual||Rs. 8.41 lakh||Rs. 9.62 lakh|
|Delta Plus 1.2L MT||1197 cc||Manual||Rs. 8.73 lakh||Rs. 9.77 lakh|
|Delta 1.2L AGS||1197 cc||Automatic (AMT)||Rs. 8.88 lakh||Rs. 9.94 lakh|
|Delta Plus 1.2L AGS||1197 cc||Automatic (AMT)||Rs. 9.28 lakh||Rs. 10.38 lakh|
|Delta 1.2 CNG||1197 cc||Manual||Rs. 9.28 lakh||Rs. 10.59 lakh|
|Delta Plus 1.0 Turbo MT||998 cc||Manual||Rs. 9.73 lakh||Rs. 10.81 lakh|
|Zeta 1.0L Turbo MT||998 cc||Manual||Rs. 10.56 lakh||Rs. 12.14 lakh|
|Alpha 1.0L Turbo MT||998 cc||Manual||Rs. 11.48 lakh||Rs. 13.19 lakh|
|Alpha 1.0L Turbo MT Dual Tone||998 cc||Manual||Rs. 11.64 lakh||Rs. 13.37 lakh|
|Zeta 1.0L Turbo 6 AT||998 cc||Automatic (TC)||Rs. 12.06 lakh||Rs. 13.85 lakh|
|Alpha 1.0L Turbo 6 AT||998 cc||Automatic (TC)||Rs. 12.98 lakh||Rs.14 .89 lakh|
|Alpha 1.0L Turbo 6 AT Dual Tone||998 cc||Automatic (TC)||Rs .13 .13 lakh||Rs .15 .07 lakh|
The Maruti Suzuki Fronx is a compact SUV that offers a blend of style, space, performance, and safety features to customers looking for a unique product in the sub-4-meter segment. New Fronx has a strong body structure, six airbags, ESP, HUD, and a surround-view camera among other safety features that make it compliant with international safety norms. The Fronx has not been tested by Global NCAP yet, but Maruti Suzuki claims that it has received a record-breaking six-star rating at the latest crash test.
New Fronx is priced competitively in Delhi, starting from Rs .8 .39 lakh for the base model and going up to Rs .15 .07 lakh for the top model on the road. The Fronx is expected to give tough competition to its rivals like Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, and Hyundai Venue in the Indian market.