The 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse is a new breed of pony car that combines the power and performance of the GT with the track-focused enhancements of the Shelby models. It has a redesigned 5.0-liter Coyote V8 engine that delivers 500 horsepower and 418 lb-ft of torque, along with a host of chassis, suspension, brake and aerodynamic upgrades that make it the fastest 5-Oh ever. But how does it perform in terms of crash test and safety features? In this blog post, we will explore the expected crash test and safety features of the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse, based on the available information from the manufacturer and other sources.
Ford Mustang Dark Horse Expected Crash Test
As of now, there are no official crash test ratings for the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). However, we can make some assumptions based on the previous model and the new features of the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse.
The previous model of the Mustang GT received a five-star overall rating from NHTSA, with five stars for frontal crash, five stars for side crash and five stars for rollover. It also received a good rating from IIHS for most of the crashworthiness tests, except for the small overlap front driver-side test, where it got an acceptable rating. The previous model also had an advanced rating for front crash prevention, but a poor rating for headlights.
New Launch: New 2024 BMW X4 M40i Stunning Images
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse Safety Features
The 2024 Mustang Dark Horse has a new platform and key components that are shared with the Shelby GT500, which is expected to have improved crashworthiness and safety scores than the previous Mustang generation. The 2024 Mustang Dark Horse also has a new design, a more powerful engine and transmission, and a lower roofline than the previous model, which could affect its crashworthiness in different ways. However, the most significant improvement for the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse is the addition of standard Ford Co-Pilot360 a suite of advanced safety features that are designed to help prevent or mitigate collisions. These features are:
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking: This feature warns the driver of a potential front-end collision and applies the brakes if necessary to avoid or reduce the impact.
- Lane-Keeping System: This feature helps the driver stay in their lane by providing steering corrections and alerts if the vehicle drifts out of its lane without signaling.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert: This feature warns the driver of vehicles in their blind spots when changing lanes or backing up.
- Rear View Camera: This feature shows a view of what is behind the vehicle when reversing, helping the driver avoid obstacles and park safely.
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps: This feature automatically switches between high and low beams depending on the traffic conditions, improving visibility and reducing glare for other drivers.
In addition to these standard features, the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse also offers some optional safety features, such as:
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This feature maintains a set speed and following distance from the vehicle ahead, adjusting to traffic conditions and slowing down or stopping if necessary.
- Evasive Steering Assist: This feature helps the driver steer around a potential collision if braking alone is not enough to avoid it.
- Reverse Brake Assist: This feature applies the brakes if it detects an object behind the vehicle when reversing at low speeds.
- Active Park Assist 2.0: This feature helps the driver park by controlling the steering, shifting, braking and acceleration with a push of a button.
With these features, we can expect that the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse will perform better than the previous model in terms of crash test ratings and safety scores. However, we will have to wait for the official results from NHTSA and IIHS to confirm this.
Besides crash test ratings, another way to evaluate the safety of a vehicle is to look at its safety features. The 2024 Mustang Dark Horse has many safety features that make it a reliable and thrilling ride for its passengers. Some of these features are:
- Standard LED Headlights: These features provide bright and clear illumination for night driving, enhancing visibility and reducing glare for other drivers.
- Standard LED Sequential Taillights: These features provide distinctive and eye-catching illumination for rear visibility, improving safety and style.
- Standard Launch Control: This feature helps optimize traction and acceleration when launching from a standstill, making it easier to drive on drag strips or racetracks.
- Standard Electronic Line-Lock: This feature locks only the front brakes, allowing the driver to spin up the rear wheels to warm up the tires before launching, enhancing performance and fun.
- Standard Track Apps: This feature provides performance metrics such as acceleration times, lap times, g-forces and more on the instrument cluster, helping the driver monitor and improve their driving skills.
- Available MagneRide Damping System: This feature adjusts the suspension damping in real time according to the road conditions and driving mode, providing optimal handling and comfort.
- Available Recaro Racing Seats: These features provide extra support and grip for the driver and front passenger on high-speed corners, enhancing performance and comfort.
These are some of the expected safety features of the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse that make it a great choice for anyone looking for a pony car with real power and performance. For more information about the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse, visit the official website of Ford or your local dealer.